We seek to develop a personal relationship with God, caring relationships with one another and redemptive relationships with the world. If you are looking for a faith community focused on God and God's mission on earth, join us for worship.
1836 -Trinity Church Founded
The first authentic record of Trinity Church dates back to December 10, 1836, when the deed for the property for “Old Trinity” was made. A temporary building was erected on the lot.
1849 - Old Trinity Church dedicated.
Old Trinity Church was dedicated by Rev. Daniel McDuffie in 1849. Old Trinity cemetery contains 603 grave sites.
1936 - Centennial Service
The Church was remodeled and repainted in 1934-1935. Centennial service was held in 1936.
1954 - New Trinity Methodist Church dedicated.
Building fund for new church began on October 27, 1943. in 1945 the site of the new church was purchased and in 1940 the adjoining lot was acquired. The ground breaking service for "New" Trinity was held in 1953. The building of the new church on the corner of Marvin and Broad Streets was finished on June 11, 1954.
1955 - Trinity established as a station church.
June 1955 Trinity established as a station church. Before that Trinity was part of the Elizabethtown Circuit: Trinity, Clarkton, Wesley Chapel, & Bluefield. In the late 1950s the current parsonage was built. The old parsonage was on Lyon Street about a block across the street from the church.
1985- Activity building dedicated.
On September 29, 1980 it was decided to build a larger fellowship hall and an office for the minister. The Activity Building was dedicated on September 29, 1985.
1964 - Organ installed.
The Casavant pipe organ was built in Quebec and installed in 1964.
2003- Prayer garden dedicated.
2005 - 50th anniversary of the Trinity Methodist Church at 901 W. Broad St.
Sunday: 10:00 AM